Friday 28 October 2011

Old Favourite, New Loves

Hey everyone :)

So I've recently done some hauling and I found some great deals at my local drugstore!! So without further to do, here's the haul.


The first item I purchased is the Covergirl Natureluxe Foundation. I was running out of my BB Cream (which I normally use) and my Revlon Photoready Foundation was too heavy for everyday so I decided to try this one out after much persuasion from my friend. Well, actually moreso because my drugstore was having 40% all face products and I also had an extra $2 off coupon.



Overall, I like this product. It gives a good light coverage while still looking like your skin. The only downfall aside from the fact that this shade (315) may be a tad dark for me (but 310 seemed to light) is that the lasting power is no where as good as my Revlon Photoready. However, for the look and feel of it I definitely would say I like this product, not love.

The next product I purchased was the NYC Sunny Bronzer. I've always wanted to try this but I guess I always got distracted by the stinking attractive display beside it (Hard Candy). However, this time around I went to a different drugstore than usual and found this product on sale for $1.49. I could not pass this up, it was too good of a deal.




This product is one of my absolute favourites. I would even go as far to say its a new Holy Grail product of mine. Its the perfect colour, its great for contouring, great as a light blush and most importantly its MATTE. I hate shimmer bronzers because personally, I don't think it looks natural, also I just prefer having a matte base and adding shimmer wherever I want it with highlighter and shimmery blushes. Overall, this is a perfect bronzer in my opinion and definitely a repurchase will be made once I run out.

Next, I got a new mascara, I know I didn't need a new one but come on my drugstore was having 50% off all mascaras, I could not just walk away empty handed. Anyways so the mascara I tried out was the L'oreal Telescopic Explosion Waterproof Mascara. Yes, its the one with the torcher ball looking thing at the end, similar to the Givenchy one.



Personally I really like this mascara but I don't love it. I have really straight lashes so mascaras really need to hold curl and while this is great its not amazing. The first day I bought it, I came home straight away, took off my mascara and put this thing on. It looked amazing, my lashes were long and curled. However, the next day I realized my eyelashes looked kinda crunchy and started to droop. I was wondering, was the results from the day before due to the fact that my eyelashes still had a little oil left over from when I removed my makeup? (I use baby oil to remove mascara) I'm still trying to play with this mascara to really get great results. I've been testing different combinations this week and I'll update on this later.

The next product I purchased is my first lip liner. I know, exciting. The one I purchased is called Hot Red by NYX. If you know me, you know how much I love red lips. I personally, use lip liner to fill in my whole lips for a long lasting red lip look.



I absolutely love this product <3 It comes off as almost hot pink but if you build it up enough it looks bright red. Personally, I wear a little bit of lip balm under this and nothing over it and it looks fine. It doesn't seem drying and it wears really well on me. I will note that it does not last through a meal for me but I do tend to wipe my lips a lot. Anyways, bottom line is for $4.99 it was a great purchase.

And last but certainly not least, I finally repurchased my all time favourite holy grail makeup product, MAC's NAKED LUNCH EYESHADOW :) Yes I'm that excited.





Why did it take me 4 weeks to repurchase it? Well I have a MAC counter near me however I wanted to save 4 bucks and buy it in pan form. The nearest MAC store to me is in a mall around 40 minutes away so I couldn't go during the weekdays and something kept on popping up over the weekend so I never got the change to repurchase it. To be honest, I'm a little disappointed because the one I got seemed to be a little stiffer than I remember. It might just be cause it's in pan form?? I don't really know but I still love the colour <3

I hope you guys found this haul interesting :)

Leave a comment below for any reviews on these products and quick question....
Do your pan form MAC eyeshadows seem stiffer than those in pots??

much love <3
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment