Tuesday 18 October 2011

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser, Review, Photos and Swatches

Hi everyone :)

I'm sure like many people out there I've been searching for the perfect under eye concealer. I've tried many concealers but only one seems to be great, Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer, sadly this one is discontinued. I've been searching far and wide everywhere from MAC to Sephora to the Drugstore trying to find a product that might do the same thing the Maybelline concealer does.

My biggest problem with under eye concealer is not enough coverage and creasing. With my MAC Studio Finish Concealer, no matter if I set it with powder or not, its so creamy that it creases in minutes. With some concealers like my Physicans Formula Mineral Correcting Concealer, I find I barely get any coverage.

One day I was watching one of my favourite youtube gurus, makeupbytiffanyd, and heard her mentioning the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser Treatment Concealer (I know a mouthful). Anyways she swore it was the best under eye concealer she's every tried so the next day I quickly ran to the drugstore to grab one.

Here are some photos:




Mine is in the shade 20. Now for starters I know the ball like applicator might freak people out, wondering if its hygenic. Well, on the package it does say that it is supposed to seal it to prevent bacteria or something like that. I normally just sweep it under my eye and blend it in with my finger. I think this is a little more hygenic and also gives you better coverage. To get the product out you simply turn the red dial and you will see product come out from the spongey tip. I do like the fact that the container is clear, that way you can see how much product you've used.

I think this is a great concealer but definitely not the best. While it provides decent coverage, it definitely does not provide as much coverage as I need. I think for someone with minimal dark circles this is a great concealer. For me I still need a little bit more coverage. What I do love about this concealer is the way it makes me look awake without completely hiding my own skin and making me look fake. I think this is a great concealer for those days that I did get some sleep and don't need as much coverage or for those lazy days. Its also a great concealer to bring with you to touch up.

The best thing about this concealer is that it does not crease. I was so glad that it didn't crease and actually did what it claimed on the package, reduce the appearance of fine lines. I have this weird line under my eye, its not a wrinkle, but its just there and I always find my concealer creases there making it look worse. With this product, I actually didn't see that and the line actually looked less visible. Overall, for those of you with minimal dark circles or if you want a concealer that doesn't cover your natural skin completely, I think this is a great option.

Hope you all enjoyed this review!

much love <3
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment