Sunday 13 November 2011

Drugstore & MAC Haul

Hey everyone :)

Sorry for not posting for so long.....the long chain of posts I'll be doing today will hopefully make up for it. Anyways today I decided to start with a haul of some new makeup items I recently picked up :)

I recently stopped by my local drugstore and found the limited edition Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner in Forest on sale. I was so excited as I have heard one of my favourite gurus Amarixe (http://www.amarixe.com/) raving about this liner.


This liner is a deep "forest" green with beautiful shimmers. Since it does have shimmers I would say to avoid using it on the waterline. I've so far used it as a liner for my top lashline and I absolutely love it. I can't wait to try it out as a base for some darker looks.

The next day I stopped by the drugstore while on a shopping trip with one of my friends. I saw that they had most of the Revlon lip products on sale for $3.99. Now sometimes Revlon will have these sales but only on their Super Lustrous line but this time this discount was also applied to the Colorburst line. Sadly, a lot of the lipsticks I was hoping to pick up were sold out. Instead, I picked up 2 of their lipglosses.

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Strawberry
Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Hot Pink
I absolutely love these lipglosses. They are super smooth and the glitters don't feel gritty. The applicator is probably the best part about this. Its shaped kind of like a flattened paddle. It looks weird but it really works well to outline the exact shape of your lips.


Excuse the awful lip swatches. The first one is of the hot pink gloss and the second is of the gloss in strawberry.

Recently I stopped by MAC twice. The first time I went with my friend to one of the few free standing stores in our area. I picked up the ever famous Satin Taupe Eyeshadow.




I must say that I absolutely love this eyeshadow. It is so versatile. I've been loving using it all over the lid and then putting a little bit of Soft Brown in the crease for a little bit of warmth.

And last but not least........
MAC Ice Parade finally came out. I've been eyeing pictures of the MAC Dazzlesphere lip sets online for so long. When the collection came out I took the first chance I got to go and pick up one of the sets. I went with my grandma and she offered to buy me this set as part of my Christmas Present :)



MAC Petite Indulgence Cremesheen Glass

MAC Fashion Scoop Cremesheen Glass

MAC Rags to Riches Dazzleglass
MAC Like Venus Dazzleglass
I loved that for this years holiday sets they decided to give us dazzleglasses and cremesheen glasses instead of lipglasses. Personally I am a huge fan of dazzleglasses and am always excited to acquire new ones. I was super pleased with the selections for the pink set. My favourite is definitely Like Venus Dazzleglass. Its so pretty. As far as I know 3 of the colours are permanent and Petite Indulgence Cremesheen Glass is a repromote. You do get a lot of product for the amount of money you pay so this set is definitely worth it.

Hope you all enjoyed this haul :)

much love <3
rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment